Now that you’re smooth sailing through the back to school routine (Hah! We all wish!), and still recovering from the long Labor Day weekend, it’s time to think of the next craft holiday – Grandparent’s Day! Oh, you didn’t realize it was this weekend? Don’t you worry, these fingerprint magnets are the perfect personalized craft to show Grandma and Grandpa just how much you appreciate all that they do!
This project is extra fun because it allows your little ones to get messy! Also allows them to exercise their fine motor skills by drawing, painting, and cutting. It’s a great time to discuss what makes Grandma and Grandpa so special and why you are crafting for them or in memory of them.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Draw faces or animal features on flat side of stone using a permanent marker. Let dry.
2. Lightly dip fingertip in paint and press on flat side of stone, over the permanent marker. Let dry.
3. Paint entire flat surface silver. Let dry.
4. Trace disc on magnetic sheet.
5. Cut out.
6. Peel paper off magnet and stick to back of disc, over the paint.
Gift & Enjoy!
Grandma and Grandpa will love seeing those tiny fingerprints every time they go to the fridge! Especially since they are on a magnet and not on the actual refrigerator, like they are at your house 😜
For more craft ideas and tutorials, check out the Creativity Connection blog or follow us on your favorite social network.
is your creativity hub
for fun craft projects,
reviews and news from
Creativity for Kids® and
Faber-Castell Premium Children's